Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Being Timely

You know what would make this blog much easier to maintain? If I didn't think so fast. Ever since I've read Getting Things Done I've experienced a huge boost to my thinking speed, especially that in the creative realm.

As per the nature of this blog, I like to concentrate on the aspects of my life in which I'm striving to improve myself or achieve values. I like writing on it since I enjoy reading that stuff from other people; it's inspiring and offers great insight on how to live a happy, valuable, productive life. (As noted before, for inspiration I prefer biographies of great men over heroic fiction.) However, in detailing such efforts I often exert myself to be up-to-date and as timely as possible, sometimes hurrying to construct and publish entries in less than twenty-four hours.

Unfortunately, when I write such time-sensitive posts that are directed more towards asking questions rather than making assertions, I find that the posts greatly assist in my introspection and often help me answer my own questions before any commenter input can be given -- thus nullifying the appropriateness of publishing the post.

For the sake of being able to keep consistent content flowing around here, I need to figure out how to make my posts less time-sensitive. Perhaps I could continue the practice of writing time-sensitive posts and discarding them as a sort of "waste basket" thinking method, but that won't help with my publishable writing. The reason why I discard such writing is because I view it as dishonest to publish them since the facts of my life have changed to be other than what the post indicates. For instance, if I answered a question I took two hours to write down, it's no longer honest to ask that question, is it?

Has anyone else encountered this difficulty? Given that this waste-basket thinking does help with productive introspection I'm hesitate to call it fully a problem, but nonetheless it is a slight barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Etiquette

1.) Do not use vulgar swear words that denote sexual activities or bodily excretions.

2.) Employ common sense manners when addressing the author or other commenters.

Additionally, you're welcome to present contrary and challenging positions within these guidelines, but please do not assume that my lack of response, even if I commented before, is evidence of my endorsement of your position.