Sunday, June 19, 2011

Music: Gorillaz's *19-2000*

Why is this song titled as it is? I don't know, but I love what I consider to be its goofy tone, even though it puts itself off as serious. It's music to listen to when in a bubbly mood, and the video is entertaining too.



Overall, however, I have a negative opinion of Gorillaz. While I like songs such as this and DARE, much of their stuff comes off as very malevolent and depressing, portraying life as hopeless and painful. You can even deduce it from the way the characters are animated, such as 2-D's (blue haired guy) awful teeth and black eye sockets, and Russ' (big guy in back of vehicle) pupil-less eyes and scornful face. The only exception seems to be Noodle (the girl), who is happy and joyful most of the time. I used to like Murdoc's (driver) aggressive and quiet attitude, but viewing recent portrayals of him repulses me with his cheesy demeanor and disease-like green skin color. Most recently the fictional characters are even portrayed as living on an island made entirely of garbage.

Oh well. What values there are, there are. Enjoy the good things as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Etiquette

1.) Do not use vulgar swear words that denote sexual activities or bodily excretions.

2.) Employ common sense manners when addressing the author or other commenters.

Additionally, you're welcome to present contrary and challenging positions within these guidelines, but please do not assume that my lack of response, even if I commented before, is evidence of my endorsement of your position.