Sunday, July 17, 2011

Music: Thievery Corporation's *Shadow of Ourselves*

This one is pretty similar to the theme of Angela, I now realize. Thievery Corporation is one of my top favorite artists. They classify themselves as a sort of acid jazz band I think, with heavy emphasis on tranquil melodies. If anything, this is probably one of the best bands to space out to. So smooth, so soft, so gentle, so quiet . . .



Of course, it does occur to me to contemplate whether this band is actually anti-America given their title and some questionable song titles, such as "Amerimacka." I haven't heard any objectionable stances by this band though, so I say enjoy the fact they produce music as their primary and most important pursuit. I don't own any music right now, but I think I might undertake to grab up a few of their records in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Etiquette

1.) Do not use vulgar swear words that denote sexual activities or bodily excretions.

2.) Employ common sense manners when addressing the author or other commenters.

Additionally, you're welcome to present contrary and challenging positions within these guidelines, but please do not assume that my lack of response, even if I commented before, is evidence of my endorsement of your position.